Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner Review

By the time our Skin Food Gold Kiwi Toner was almost empty, I began my search for another toner.

I really want a toner that can help minimize the appearance of pores on my nose.


Etude House is another Korean Cosmetic company that is getting a loyal local fan base. It is mainly because of their good marketing strategy. Their image is more on the feminine and cute side of skin care and cosmetics.


I and my sister tried one of Etude House Philippines' best selling toner- The Wonder Pore Freshner. This is one of the products in the Wonder Pore Line of Etude House.


The tagline- "I'm the Wonder Woman for your Pores" at the back of the packaging made it more interesting for me to try this product. I told myself that time that I'll see for myself if this will really do wonders for my skin.


Fast forward to 2 weeks after we bought the toner is my review on this product.

This toner claims to do the following (as seen in the photo above):


1. Deep cleanse pores.
2. Maintain ph 4.5, +1,-1
3. Control a large amount of sebum (oil)
4. Minimize appearance of pores
5. Refine skin tones
6.Keep the elasticity of pores
7. Moisturize the inside and outside of the skin

Pros:

a. It comes in an interesting packaging. The bottle is made from plastic. Unlike the Skin Food skin care bottles which are fragile, this is more user-friendly specially for travels.


b. The plastic box packaging is eye catching. It is colorful and has illustrations (though the captions are in Korean language).

c. The toner itself is water-based. Thus, the consistency is just like water. For me it's a pro since it's not sticky or messy to use.

Cons:

a. The smell- I can't figure out what kind of smell it has. It's very light and it smells a little like "water stored in a mineral water bottle for days". Can you imagine?

c. After applying the toner on my face, it had been successful in its claim on moisturizing the skin. As a pore minimizer, it wasn't very successful though. I think I still haven't found the right the product to help me minimize my pores on my nose area. :(


d. It made my face a little bit itchy. I know the toner is water-based and very light but after a few minutes of applying it I feel some itchiness on some parts of my face. I didn't develop any rashes or anything but every now and then I have this urge of  gently patting my nose area or some other parts of my face. I realized it is because it felt a little bit itchy.


Verdict:


If the itchiness continues, I will stop using this toner. I have only used 1/4 of the bottle though. It helps remove the dirt and grime on my face and can moisturize too, but I don't think I can handle the sudden urge to pat my face every now and then after applying this toner. I might as well find another toner from another brand that is a pore minimizer. My skin type by the way is a little bit on the oily side and pores are visible on the nose area. It's effects might be different depending on your skin type.

No comments:

Post a Comment